Choosing Your Next Cottage Design
You’re finally putting your long time plan to build a cottage house into a reality. Whether you want a cottage house for a good place to stay during summer or you want a retreat house to stay away from the busy and noisy city, it’s very essential that you choose the right design. After all, this plays a very important role in the overall quality of your cottage.
In this article, you will learn some important tips that will help you choose the right design. Are you ready? If yes, then let’s get started!
– LOCATION. One of the most important decisions for you to make is to choose the right location. Where are you going to build your cottage? Take note that the unwanted parts of your cottage can be renovated or improved in the future. However, the place you choose to build your cottage can’t be changed forever. So, you have to carefully decide on the perfect place to put it. Ask yourself if you want to have it in a remote area or in a place near your house. If you choose a remote area, consider the transportation. Ideally, it must be accessible to train or bus.
– LAKE ACCESS. A lot of people prefer a cottage near a lake. If you are one of them, know that there are other considerations you need to make. Do you want to swim in the lake? If this is the case, then you should consider a sandt beach. When fishing or doing.other water activities is what you wanted, then choose a lake with dock. This is something you would need.
– SINGLE or MULTI LEVEL. When you have already a final decision on the location, then it’s time for you to decide on the structure. If you’re staying in the cottage with some members of the family having mobility issues, then it’s best to choose a single level cottage. This structure is perfect if you have older guests. On the other hand, if you have kids, you may want to consider having a second floor. You may use the space for your children to stay and the main floor may be used by the adults.
– SIZE. You need also to consider the size of your cottage. If you want it to be a place for you and your spouse, then a small cottage is perfect for you. But if your cottage is to accommodate large family, then you should choose a bigger one. Make sure to decide on the number of bedrooms and bathrooms.
– MUST-HAVES. The last thing that you will have to consider are the must-haves. What are the needed things to include in your cottage? Do you need a big dining room with a perfect lake view? Do you need a porch where to eat breakfast or read a book? You need to decide on the things that you want your cottag you to have. After all, it’s your cottage and you have the control what to and not to include in it.